NATED archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSW Training

3 posters

Go down

CSW Training Empty CSW Training

Post  caz Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:22 am

Hi, I'm new to here, new to CSW as well!! I was reading in old forum about CSW training. Does anyone know any more about this?
Would be great to find out about any courses, especially in Scotland

caz

Back to top Go down

CSW Training Empty CSW COURSE

Post  nicolarichards Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:25 am

NATED hopes that a new CSW qualification will be written, approved and ready for the next academic year (Sept 2010). We are working closely with other professional and awarding bodies to achieve the best qualification possible. We will let you know as soon as we have any news to report.

nicolarichards

Back to top Go down

CSW Training Empty Re: CSW Training

Post  caz Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:30 am

Thanks. If you need any help or infomation I would be happy to help!!

caz

Back to top Go down

CSW Training Empty Voiceover Courses

Post  Jill Newlands Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:08 am

If you’re interested in learning useful techniques and coping strategies for voicing over for Deaf people, then this series of three, one day workshops is for you.

The dates for the workshops are:

Voiceover for Communication Support Workers 1

Saturday 15th May, 9.30 – 4.00

Saturday 12th June, 9.30 - 4.00

Saturday 7th August, 9.30 - 4.00

Voiceover for Communication Support Workers 2

Saturday 3rd July, 9.30 - 4.00

Saturday 9th October, 9.30 - 4.00

Voiceover for Communication Support Workers 3

Saturday 25th September, 9.30 - 4.00

Saturday 4th December, 9.30 - 4.00

The one day workshops are £75 including refreshments all day and will be held at:

Express by Holiday Inn, Pride Park, Wheelwright Way, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8HX
The venue is situated next to the train station, not far from the M1 and is wheelchair accessible. For directions please see:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/dbyuk/transportation?start=1

The first workshop is taught by Jill Newlands (MRSLI/MASLI). Jill is an experienced CSW, having worked as a CSW since 2002, who is now a qualified, registered, freelance interpreter. Jill has trained CSWs since 2005 and is an active member of ACSW and ASLI as well as the Continuous Professional Development Officer for NATED. Jill is fully aware of the issues Communication Support Workers face and has used this knowledge to develop these informative and practical voiceover workshops. The second course is taught by Jill Newlands and Colin Thomson, an experienced Deaf trainer. (You must complete VO1 before progressing on to VO2). VO 3 builds on what has been taught on VO 1 & 2 and teaches further strategies, which can be implemented to make voiceover easier and more natural.

The courses are open to non-CSWs who require training in working from BSL into English. I ask that applicants already hold BSL Level 2 or above and ideally currently work with Deaf people.

If you would like training to be held at your institution or in your area, please call to discuss your requirements.

To book your place please contact Jill on deafmatters@googlemail.com or 07791610572

Jill Newlands

Back to top Go down

Post  caz Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:17 am

These courses look great!! Is there any chance there will be similar courses held north of the border sometime soon? Rolling Eyes

caz

Back to top Go down

CSW Training Empty North of the border!

Post  Jill Newlands Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:22 am

Hello

I am happy to provide training elsewhere in the country if there is a need. Contact me on deafmatters@googlemail.com and I'd be happy to discuss this.

Jill

Jill Newlands

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum